Meet Dirk Schreuder – SkyGroup’s Managing Director
1) What do you do at SkyGroup?
I’m the Managing Director of SkyGroup, overseeing the internal activities and responsible for the vision and direction of the company.
2) How long have you been working at SkyGroup?
Since inception, around March 2008.
3) Why would you recommend SkyGroup to a customer?
We offer our customers expert guidance, a wide product selection, and competitive pricing. We always help customers find the perfect solution for their video conferencing needs, and ensure customers have the best customer service and support.
4) What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
Onboarding some new and exciting vendors. As well as some very large innovative projects into Africa.
5) What was your first job?
Working at a Pizza shop while studying at UPE.
6) What is your favourite restaurant?
Villa Bianca is my favourite place to eat.
7) How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
With my family. Hunting, and spending weekends outdoors.
8) Where is the best place you have travelled to?
Really enjoyed my visit to China. Such a different culture from ours – it made it a very interesting experience.
9) If you could only have three apps on a smartphone, which would you pick?
WhatsApp, Google Maps, LinkedIn
10) What motivates you?
Continuously looking at ways to expand and grow SkyGroup.
11) What is your favourite saying or quote that really inspires you?
Something that relates to our industry and working with customers daily: “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”