Meet Eugene Hosiassohn – SkyGroup’s Technical Manager
Our company is so much more than a logo, tagline and the products we sell.
It’s defined by the hard-working people whose work builds and maintains it: our employees.
Meet one such employee – Eugene Hosiassohn – our technical manager that always gets to the root of any problem!
1) What do you do at SkyGroup and in what circumstances would I come to you for something?
I provide technical support on all products within the SkyGroup Communications portfolio. I ensure the successful delivery of technical projects and initiatives on time, and to the required quality standards. I collaborate with other departments, such as sales to understand and respond to customer requirements and market trends. I need to keep up to date with the latest technology trends and evaluate new technologies for potential adoption.
2) How long have you been working at SkyGroup?
This year will be my 13th year at SkyGroup Communications.
3) Why would you recommend SkyGroup to a customer?
At SkyGroup Communications we only sell hardware we believe is of quality and up to high standards. We will not distribute products we would not use ourselves and we will always do our utmost to provide our partners with the necessary pre-sales and after-sales support.
4) What was your first job?
Installing satellite TV, CCTV and access control solutions.
5) What are you most passionate about in your position?
The technology itself. I am fortunate to have access to some of the latest technologies available, and this gives me the opportunity to upskill myself.
6) Do you have any pets?
I’ve got a dog. I believe everyone needs a dog.
7) How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
Apart from spending quality time with family and friends, I like spending my time doing woodworking and DIY projects.
8) If you could only have three apps on a smartphone, which would you pick?
Podcasts, Youtube and WhatsApp.
9) What’s your most used emoji?
The ”LOL” emoji.
10) What is your favourite saying or quote that really inspires you?
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.